Pokémon World RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon World RPG

A Pokemon Forum Based RP Site where every Pokemon is available for capture and can appear in any region!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PokéDollars : 98180

Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) Empty
PostSubject: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 8:17 am

The sun rose up over the treeline of the forest, casting a warm glow, which brought word of the new day right to the tent where Rhydian and Kennedy had slept the night previous. Rhydian awoke clearly still tired and not used to the new experience of camping out, don't get me wrong he loved nature, he just wasn't particularly the type to sleep anywhere but a comfy bed; he'd been camping once with his father as a child, but this was different, because now he knew that it wasn't going to be a fun one-off night experience, not if he was to truly succeed as a Pokemon Trainer and make his family proud of him. He stretched his arms out above his head letting out an uncomfortable yawn, before turning his head to the right when he saw Kennedy already awake and smiling happily, clearly in his element... well obviously a grass type in the forest, Rhydian should've expected this sort of reaction from his friend and partner.

"Morning buddy" Rhydian beamed find a new energy from somewhere inside him that Kennedy always managed to bring out, Kennedy smiled and shook his little head from side to side the leaves swaying back and forth in a state of bliss "What do you say, we try and actually get some training done today perhaps?" Kennedy nodded determinedly his eye narrowing as though he was trying to convince Rhydian of his strength which Rhydian found so cute. Rhydian grinned from ear to ear, he then rolled up his sleeping bag and put it into his backpack, opening up the tent's zip and exiting into the vast expanse of forest they were surrounded by. Rhydian looked down at his side seeing Kennedy standing by his feet taking notice of their surroundings, as though he was looking for something interesting to explore "If you wander off, don't go too far, I still have to take this tent down" Rhydian warned in his usual cautious way which Kennedy understood completely nodding in agreement before taking a short stroll to some flowers a short distance away to take in their aroma.

Rhydian began to dismantle the tent in the way his dad Blake had taught him, and it all packed away piece by piece neatly into a helpful carry case which fit snug in his backpack in it's own little slot. After roughly 10 minutes the tent was away and Rhydian was ready for the day retrieving a bottle of water from his bag which he took a long gulp of "Hey Kennedy come get some water" Rhydian called out; Kennedy looked around from the flowers and ran over playfully repeating his name in the way that Pokemon commonly do, which made Rhydian chuckle. Rhydian crouched down and poured some water into Kennedy's mouth for him, due to the difficulties of not having hands, which was fine because they made it work. After they'd both had a drink they took a look around for something to do "If we play our cards right we could get some practice in on battling, or perhaps find a new friend?" Rhydian added not entirely confident as he wasn't sure who or what would possibly want to be friends with him, Kennedy noticed his head drop and nuzzled his leg to make Rhydian smiled running his hand through his hair as though he was composing himself "Okay okay buddy I know it's not a totally ridiculous idea, let's just see what happens" and with that they began to make their way through the forest not following any particular set path, just taking whichever openings they find, Rhydian mostly following Kennedy who seemed keen to lead in this environment.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PokéDollars : 100120

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 am

As you stroll through the forest you can hear the creaking of the branches above and the rustle in the bushes nearby.

Above: A Gilgar can be seen, hanging from a tree, appearing to be getting ready to leave to find a place to sleep for the day. Meanwhile a Pidove with blue wings, rather than the usual black is perched on a branch, staring intently at the trainer and his Oddish, curious as to what they are doing here.

Left: A rustle in the bushes and the shape of a Metapod can be seen as it tries to hide from from the trainer approaching.

Right: A Venonat and Bellsprout appear to be enjoying a few berries from a bush for their breakfast. Rummaging through it without a care in the world. The Venonat stops for a bit to eye the trainer, cautious but not overly afraid.

Front: A Joltik is skittering about, unaware of the trainer's presence as it attempts to sniff at a different berry bush, trying to decide if it would enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Rhydian glances over the scenes taking place around him, he chuckles at the Pokemon which are gathering berries nearby, and considers going over to help them pick some, as is his nature, but decides better of it as he doesn't want to intrude, as he continues to look around he hears the rustling of leaves and notices the Metapod "aww it's okay I won't hurt you" Rhydian assures it in his usual kind-hearted way to put the Metapod at ease. Kennedy meanwhile wanders over by the tree where the Gligar and Pidove are leaning backwards in awe as he tries to look at them before tumbling backwards, the momentum of the tumble carrying him into a roll, leaving him sitting on the floor slightly surprised.

At this point Rhydian strolls over to the tree and crouches down gently picking up Kennedy and dusting him off "Careful buddy, wouldn't want you hurting yourself" Kennedy chuckles slightly, happier now because of Rhydian's overall mannerisms which always cheer him up. Rhydian then casts his gaze at the tree "What were you even trying to get a look at bud?" he asks, intrigued. That's when Rhydian noticed the Pidove, he saw the Gligar as well, but something about the Pidove's being spoke to him on a personal level; Rhydian had only seen pictures online and read about Pidoves before, he'd never actually seen one in person.

He watched the Pidove in awe, then noticing that it was in turn looking back at him, Rhydian awkwardly looked at his feet and shuffled nervously "Um... h... hi there..." he manages to get out clearly self-conscious that the Pidove's stare may have been caused by his eyes. Kennedy nuzzles his leg again gently to try easing his anxiety, to which Rhydian quietly says "Th... thanks Kennedy... I guess I'm just being silly" he then raises his head again and thinks to himself, before having an idea. He takes his backpack off and removes the water bottle himself and Kennedy had been drinking from, pouring some into the lid and holding it out towards the Pidove before, placing the lid onto the floor holding the bottle "Do you want some maybe? I mean you gotta drink right? I won't hurt you I promise" he then sat down calmly, crossing his legs and Kennedy climbed into his lap to sit with him.

They both watched the Pidove from where they sat; and something inside of Rhydian connected to this Pidove, he just felt as though they had met for reason, there was something about it which spoke to him on a personal level. Rhydian checked his surroundings once, twice, and then a third time, just to be certain that no one else was around, before he began to sing a light melody which his mother used to sing to him, that had Kennedy relaxed and reclining against him just enjoying the bliss of the moment, a cool breeze blowing through but other than that the weather was near on perfect, everything seemed near on perfect, at least in Kennedy's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 1:40 pm

The Metapod gleamed slightly as it hardened its body, not out of fear, but with a smile in its eyes as it felt more at ease now it knew it was not in danger. The other Pokemon in the area also seemed to calm down a bit more as well upon noticing that the bug-type seemed relaxed and continued about their own personal business.

Pidove*
Chance to Befriend: 50% - Success (1000 Roll) = 501-1000
Roll for Befriend: 66 - FAIL - Chance for befriend next post 75%

The Pidove stared down nervously at the trainer below as he filled the cap with water before offering it to it. The bird Pokemon was a little sceptical about the whole situation, unsure how to respond. Could it trust this person or was this all a trap? Honestly it was a little unsure, cautiously the Pidove flew down from its tree, landing on the ground a few meters away from the trainer as he sat and sung his song.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Rhydian noticed the forest setting becoming calmer around him which brought him great happiness. He then heard the quiet flapping of wings as the Pidove came down from it's branch, looking over without breaking the melody of his song he managed a smile. Kennedy then happily shook it's head slightly as though he was trying to wave at the Pidove, he then hopped up off of Rhydian's lap and wandered slightly over towards the Pidove, once nearby it began to chatter away, just the usual friendly natter to be nice as he could feel that Rhydian liked this Pidove, and if he was honest with himself, he did too.

Rhydian glanced over at the pair of them and became overjoyed with the fact Kennedy was making an effort, and clearly liked the Pidove too, as he finished his song he didn't attempt to get up or uncross his legs, he simply waved before tilting his head to the side as he ran his hand through his messy brown hair "It's okay Pidove look" he said reassuringly as he picked up the bottle he'd poured from and drank from it himself before holding the bottle out slightly, Kennedy happily skipping over and taking a gulp of the water as well, he then put it down and beamed over to the Pidove "See we're all having a drink, honest I wouldn't hurt you" he indicated towards the water.

Kennedy then wandered off towards the bush which the Venonat and Bellsprout were foraging from and calmly using his leaves he picked off a few berries, he then spoke briefly to the pair which Rhydian could only assume was a thank you, before returning. Kennedy then using it's leaf placed 2 berries next to the water for Pidove in a gesture of good will and climbed back into Rhydian's lap eating one himself, as Rhydian calmly stroked Kennedy's head enjoying the calmness of the day "Thanks Kennedy that was so nice of you" Rhydian beamed genuinely happy, praising Kennedy as he always believed in giving credit where credit is due.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Pidove*
Chance to Befriend: 75% - Success (1000 Roll) = 251-1000
Roll for Befriend: 542 - SUCCESS - Congratulations! You may offer the Pokemon a Pokeball and it will happily join your team!

The Pidove tilted its head as it cooed softly, watching the trainer and Oddish curiously. As the grass Pokemon drew near Pidove fluttered back a bit in surprise, but quickly calmed down again as they began to converse. The duo seemed particularly kind and the bird Pokemon was incredibly happy to receive the berries as it ate them graciously. Deciding that they were no longer a possible threat the Pidove approached the trainer, hopping along the ground before stopping before him. The flying-type had never really met many humans before and this one seemed particularly kind, especially for the Oddish to enjoy being around him so much. If he would have him, the Pidove would be more than willing to join the trainer on his journey.  
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Rhydian watched curiously as the Pidove ate the berries, his curiosity moving swiftly into joy as he realized the Pidove liked them and that he and Kennedy had made it happy; Rhydian was such a pleaser, and I simply say pleaser as it doesn't solely extend to people, Rhydian was always trying to please everyone. He then noticed the Pidove hop over and stop in front of him "Hey there little Pidove, I've never seen a Pidove as beautiful as you before" he laughed a little in a happy friendly, and slightly giddy way "Sorry I just get kinda nervous ya know... you really are wonderful though" he beamed he then thought for a second, Kennedy hopping up off of his lap and taking a few short steps over to the Pidove.

Kennedy began to chatter away again in the friendly way he does, as Rhydian searched through his bag for something, before stopping and chuckling "Oh yeah I put them in the side pocket" he rummaged into it before pulling out a small spherical object which with the click of a button enlarged, he then calmly turned around and placed the pokeball onto the floor so not to seem too forceful "Now Pidove if you'd like to, and I think Kennedy agrees" to which Kennedy nodded vigorously and happily "We'd love it if you'd join us on our journey, it could be a lot of fun ya know" he grinned at the prospect, before a fear of rejection started to creep it "I mean that is if you'd want to... like it's fine if you don't..." he muttered.

Kennedy frowned before stomping over with a very determined walk, and jumping up onto Rhydian's knee in a way that overbalanced Rhydian so that he fell backwards "Woah" Rhydian letting out the audible voice of surprise. Kennedy walked along his chest before hugging Rhydian's face reassuringly knowing how bad his anxiety gets. A tear crept into the corner of Rhydian's eye which he quickly wiped away "Thanks Kennedy bud, you're the best" he said confident in his words, because of all that Kennedy had done for him in the time they knew each other. Sitting back up Rhydian composed himself and looked over to the Pidove "Sorry I was being silly, I can get kinda nervous but, like... I mean well" Kennedy nuzzling him to cut out the slight unease he could hear at the end of the sentence which his best friend appreciated greatly, stroking Kennedy's head again with his thumb as his hand gently ran through the leaves.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 3:45 pm

The Pidove looked a little confused with all the commotion between the trainer and his Oddish. Still it was incredibly happy to be given this opportunity. After conversing with Kennedy it had already made up its mind. The bird Pokemon didn't hesitate before stretching out to peck the button on the Pokeball, instinctively knowing what was about to happen. A bright red beam of light surrounded the Pidove before it was teleported inside its comfy new home. Happy to be apart of the boy's team.

*YOU CAUGHT PIDOVE*
(Please include your choice of nickname in your next post, or simply say you don't give it one)

Slot 2:
Pidove (Shiny)
Nickname:
-
Ability:
Big Pecks
Level:
Moves:
Gust - Level 1
Growl - Level 4
Leer - Level 8
HP (Health Points):
MP (Move Points):
Happiness: 30

Code:

[b]Slot 2:[/b]
Pidove (Shiny)
[b]Nickname:[/b]
-
[b]Gender:[/b]
Female
[b]Ability:[/b]
Big Pecks
[b]Level:[/b]
[b]Moves:[/b]
Gust - Level 1
Growl - Level 4
Leer - Level 8
[b]HP (Health Points):[/b]
[b]MP (Move Points):[/b]
[b]Happiness:[/b] 30
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Rhydian began to shake slightly with excitement when Pidove entered the pokeball "Did... did I just catch a Pokemon?!..." he exclaimed, squealing a little uncontrollably, quickly swiping up the pokeball and looking at it closely, he then looked between the pokeball and Kennedy "I... I did it!! We did it buddy! We actually made a friend!" he scooped up Kennedy into his dominant left arm, holding the pokeball in his right hand and began to dance around, Kennedy laughing away happily in his arm. Rhydian then paused for a second kneeling down and placing down Kennedy "What should we even call her?..." after a few moments he clicked his fingers happily "I got it! Amelia!" Kennedy nodded in agreement clearly as excited as Rhydian was.

Rhydian tossed the pokeball up into the air with an easy flick of the wrist, his finger clipping the button as he did so in one maneuver calling out "Welcome to the team Amelia!" Amelia emerging from the pokeball in an elegant pirouette as her pokeball falls gracefully back down into Rhydian's hand, he then clips it onto his belt to a specially fitted clip as tends to be with trainer fashion. He holds out his left arm in front of him and Amelia glides down settling on it gently with her claws so not to hurt him, cooing slightly as she does so, tilting her head "Hey Amelia, you do like that name right?" he beams hopeful, Amelia immediately cooing happily her eyes shutting as she gives her best happy noises "Yay that's so sweet, so like we actually came here to do some training you see for the gym" he begins to explain to their new friend "We heard from Erika; that's the lady who mentored us; that the first gym was in Pewter City and that the leader was really good, but we need to beat him if we're ever gonna prove to my parents that we can do this" he then quietened down slightly looking a little worried "I just want to make them proud" Amelia hopped over onto his shoulder and seemed to nod in agreement and support.

Kennedy looked up at the pair happy they'd made a new friend, calling up to Amelia gleefully. Rhydian looked between the pair "Right I heard that the gym leader uses Rock types according to what Peyton said" referring to his sister "So I think Kennedy will be our main focal point for this one, after all Grass types like him are great against Rock types" he recalls from what he learned in school. Rhydian then glances around "We ready to go get some serious training done now then guys?" he asks trying to sound confident in his words, so they don't question his ability as their trainer, slightly doubting himself.

Rhydian looks to Kennedy "So buddy lead the way" he says proudly, which Kennedy was pleased about, having that trust to take lead. Amelia took off as well flying above them, doing all sorts of movements and maneuvers in the air, but following them all the while, Rhydian laughed "That's so cool Amelia, you're amazing" he cheered, hearing a cooing back from her in approval. Soon they pushed through some bushes, Rhydian moving some branches from his way, as they emerged from the bushes he took note of his surroundings, Amelia swooping down and flying around the area as he does so.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 5:43 pm

As you look around you notice a worn dirt path a few meters in front of you. A road travelled frequently by local Pokemon, perhaps leading to a source of food or water. There are also a few Pokemon frolicking about nearby.

Left: There's an adorable Turtwig bashing its head against a rather large stone, appearing to attempt to crush the lifeless rock with sheer willpower and strength.

Right: A Dewpider with a smallish bubble of water around its head can be seen. While it was previously going about its own business, on noticing the trainer it lowers its head and attempts to look fierce, in order to protect its territory.

Front: A lavender bat-like Pokemon, known as Noibat is hovering about a large sunflower, appearing to be playing with the petals.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Rhydian looks around for a target to battle with Kennedy determined to get some actual serious training done, until his eyes lock onto the Turtwig "Oh my god! Isn't it so cool! It's a Turtwig buddy!" he whispers to Kennedy getting enamored with the rare specimen in front of them "I thought they were meant to be in Sinnoh though, how did it get here?" he starts to wonder asking himself out loud. He quickly becomes aware of the other two Pokemon in the area and nods to them awkwardly, realizing he hadn't acknowledged them before that point due to his fascination with Turtwig.

After he composed himself Rhydian signaled to Kennedy that they should go say hi to the Turtwig, Rhydian began to approach, Amelia swooping in and settling in on a nearby branch, just to observe for now, ready in case Rhydian needed her though, not that Rhydian really had any intention of getting into a conflict with the Turtwig unless forced into one. Rhydian stopped a few feet away from the Turtwig to be respectful of it and show he wasn't going to encroach on the Turtwig's territory without permission "H... Hi there Turtwig, you're so strong" Rhydian gushed clearly in awe of the Pokemon standing in front of him. Kennedy walked straight past and up to the Turtwig and began to chatter away as he usually does, Rhydian not knowing what to say but loving Kennedy's confidence "I wonder what Kennedy says..." he quietly asks himself realizing that Kennedy always led these encounters with new Pokemon and if anything Rhydian was just there to watch and learn about social interactions.

Rhydian thought for a second before dusting off a space on the ground and settling on in comfortably, he then pulled out some food from his bag having remembered that he hadn't had breakfast that morning... I say remembered but I should really say reminded... his belly rumbling just enough so that Rhydian could hear it and get embarrassed. He fluffed about trying to open a packet of crisps he had and struggling from his nervousness, before Kennedy noticed and sighed, his trainer was a lovely boy but he really did struggle with his anxiety much to Kennedy's dismay as Kennedy only wanted him to be happy. Kennedy took the bag from Rhydian with his leaves and pulled it open, Rhydian laughing awkwardly before saying "Thanks buddy" he then takes a couple of crisps from the bag and hands them to his little friend who eats them gratefully.

Rhydian then hands him another couple and says "Hey bud how about sharing some with Turtwig?" Kennedy smiling happily and nodding clearly enthused with the idea, he hurried over to Turtwig the crisps being held by his leaves and offered them to it politely, chattering away what Rhydian assumed was an explanation about the crisps. Rhydian then whistled over to Amelia who recognized that it was aimed at her and glided over with a certain grace to her movement, landing comfortably on his left leg. He then took a few crisps from the bag and gently handed them to Amelia "Here you go, we all eat together in this family" he beamed clearly happy with the way his journey had begun, ensuring all the Pokemon had eaten, before then beginning to eat some himself in order to appease his clearly hungry belly, he waited til last to eat because, he just couldn't leave his friends hungry, in his mind that wouldn't be right. Some could say he was too selfless for his own good but in Rhydian's head he'd rather be selfless than selfish like some he'd known in his difficult past.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Pokemon Encounter: Turtwig - M - Level 15
Attempt To Befriend:
Chance: 40% - Success (1000 Roll) = 601-1000
Roll for Befriend: 41 - FAILURE
Chance Next Post: 40+15 = 55%

The Turtwig glanced over at the Oddish and his human, completely uninterested in the duo. The grass Pokemon ignored Kennedy completely as he tried to chat, preferring to return to his previous engagement; ramming the stone, in an attempt to crush its rocky opponent. When the Oddish attempted to share the chips, Turtwig sniffed at them before turning its head away in disgust.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Rhydian noticed Turtwig's disgust at the crisps and sighed "oh.." he muttered signalling for Kennedy to eat them himself, knowing that it wasn't likely Turtwig would be swayed by them with such a response at the first attempt. Kennedy complied before considering what he could try to get this Turtwig's attention knowing how much Rhydian wanted this Turtwig; I mean it was only natural with his upbringing to become infatuated with Grass Types such as Turtwig. Rhydian then looked to Amelia slightly confused as if he was trying to create a plan of action in his head for winning over Turtwig, Amelia flapping slightly to snap him out of the vacant trance he'd been lost in.

Rhydian then snapped his fingers and figured this Turtwig wasn't going to be won over simply with a few kind words and something to eat, if he was to win over the Turtwig he'd need to demonstrate their strength to it, and prove themselves worthy teammates to him. With that Rhydian surveyed the area for a rock of a similar proportions to the one Turtwig was using, knowing that if they broke his rock he'd likely not be too happy with them... like at all.... he then noticed a rock which resembled the one Turtwig was using a few feet away "Hey Turtwig, you're really strong, but so is Kennedy ya know, just watch, I'm sure he can break this rock, then you'll see we aren't pushovers" he then took a deep breath to compose himself having surprised himself with the faux confidence, not in Kennedy but in his own abilities, as he could normally never stand up for what he wanted.

Rhydian then took up position a few feet from the rock, standing feet a shoulder's width apart, Amelia resting on his left shoulder intrigued by this plan, she wasn't entirely sure whether or not it would work, but she was thoroughly curious to find out. Kennedy walked over planting his feet firmly as he did so before standing just in front of Rhydian, who looked over at Turtwig and said "Just you watch, Kennedy is stronger than you realize" he glanced down at Kennedy before locking his eyes on the rock and pointing his finger at it confidently "Kennedy let's demolish that rock with an Energy Ball!" Kennedy narrowing his eyes as he stared the rock down, opening his mouth angrily, a green orb of energy building in size in front of him "Now buddy!" Rhydian calls out, his partner unleashing the ball of energy straight at the target. Rhydian maintained his confident pose but in reality he was nervous of whether the rock would break, or even if it did, whether or not the Turtwig would actually be impressed. Not many Oddish's knew how to use an Energy Ball attack, let alone one of Kennedy's experience, but they'd worked hard on this move and he just knew it had to work, he refused to accept the idea in his head of anything saying otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Turtwig - M - Level 15
Attempt To Befriend:
Chance: 55% - Success (1000 Roll) = 451-1000
Roll for Befriend: 226 - FAILURE
Chance Next Post: 55+15 = 70%

The Turtwig stopped what it was doing, curious to what the trio were up to. It was honestly a little surprised by the boy's reaction to its refusal to acknowledge them. Still, it doubted that they would be that impressive, after all it was just an Oddish. However, it sent out a strange ball of energy, the likes the turtle like pokemon had never seen, a powerful performance, and just enjoy to crack the rock in two. Well the Turtwig couldn't deny it was slightly impressed by its strength, although it hand't used their own physical power, merely an energy attack. It would converse attempt to converse with Kennedy, requesting if the small Oddish could show more of what it was capable of.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 am

Rhydian smiled slightly as he saw the energy ball split the hardy rock in two, he was clearly impressed with Kennedy, sure he'd hope to obliterate the rock but, seen as they'd never actually tried anything like that before, it was a definite confidence booster, I guess the adrenaline must've helped carry them through in order to muster enough strength for it. Rhydian then noticed Turtwig had been watching and more than that he'd started to wander over to Kennedy, there was nothing in particular that he himself could do other than just watch at this point, he couldn't speak Pokemon so any attempt to converse with Turtwig now would be rendered moot.

Kennedy turned his attention to Turtwig clearly pleased with himself for what he'd achieved, not that he wanted to show it but he couldn't help it; as Turtwig started to talk to him he maintained a consistent look of interest at the conversation and wasn't surprised to hear that Turtwig wished to see a further demonstration of what he could do, as was usually the way with wild Pokemon. With that Kennedy pivoted on the spot and gazed up at Rhydian calling up in his usual way, hoping that Rhydian would somehow understand what it was he meant. Rhydian having been paying as much attention as he could muster to a conversation he couldn't understand saw Kennedy turn to him, and could see a fierce fire burning in his eyes; they wasn't done yet, and considering the supposed nature of Turtwig that wasn't all too unheard of.

Rhydian thought for a second before clicking his fingers "Okay buddy I got it, we'll show Turtwig just what power you really have" winking at Kennedy as he said it knowing he would understand what Rhydian was saying. Kennedy jumped up in the air clearly pumped up, he pieced together what Rhydian meant and sure they hadn't practiced this move in a while, but it's just like riding a bike with moves like this, after all they'd never had the space or reasoning to pull something like this off of late. As Kennedy took his position once more, Rhydian reaffirmed his place behind him on his feet, he then stared the broken rock down thrusting his hand out once more, his finger guiding Kennedy's focus "Now Kennedy, let's finish what we started! Raise that rock with Secret Power!" he beckoned, Kennedy smiled his body beginning to glow a bright pink as he concentrated hard on his rocky adversary "Now buddy!" Rhydian called, commanding for the power to be released at the perfect moment; Kennedy then let out a powerful cry as the Secret Power formed a beam and fired straight at the target. Rhydian watched in awe, they hadn't done this in a while but it seemed as though the move hadn't gathered any dust, in it's time kept up his sleeve waiting for a situation like this; he just hoped it would be enough to impress.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:56 am

Turtwig - M - Level 15
Attempt To Befriend:
Chance: 70% - Success (1000 Roll) = 301-1000
Roll for Befriend: 347 - SUCCESS - Congratulations! You may offer the Pokemon a Pokeball and it will happily join your team!

One again the grass type Pokemon had never seen anything like this before in its entire lifetime. It was definitely an interesting move. Not only was Oddish capable of smashing the rock into pieces with a ball of energy, it could also lift and control the broken shattered fragments of the stone. With a small nod the Turtwig would turn to look Kennedy in the eye before conversing with him to let him know that he would indeed join them, he figured he could learn a thing or two should he train with them. Perhaps grow stronger even faster than training alone.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 8:17 am

Rhydian laughs out of happiness at seeing the attack not only work but work near enough perfectly, and clearly it had impressed Turtwig too, because he saw Turtwig nod and then start to discuss something with Kennedy. Kennedy was overjoyed internally but trying his hardest not to show it so that he could maintain his cool look of composure in front of his new friend, upon hearing Turtwig was willing to join them Kennedy let out a happy little squeal and started jumping up and down in excitement, he then ran over to Rhydian his little head bobbling from side to side, and started repeating his name in rapid succession which Rhydian deduced was from Turtwig's response.

This in turn caused Rhydian to begin to smile as he remembered from last time with Amelia where he kept his empty pokeballs, he swung his bag off and dug down deep into the side pocket pulling out a shiny new pokeball from within, then thrusting it high into the air "Got it buddy!" he exclaimed joyously. Turning to Turtwig he enlarged the empty sphere into it's normal size and placed it down onto the ground as was his way with new friends, he didn't want to just assume and misread a situation so he always left these things down to personal choice "I promise with you on our team we'll do great Turtwig, I think you could teach Kennedy and Amelia a few things and hopefully we can teach you some too" he beamed to explain himself to the small Sinnoh Grass Type starter.

Amelia still on Rhydian's shoulder had been observing the entire encounter and was also happy for the new friend that they'd made here, she took off with an energetic swoop and began dancing around in the air twisting and turning, spinning and diving, putting on a truly beautiful display "Awww yay Amelia glad you're happy too" he announced turning back to Turtwig "See we're all friends here, you're not just a Pokemon to me, I was hoping you could be our friend too" as he explained this to Turtwig he couldn't hold back his cheesy grin any longer, it spreading across his face, clearly enjoying how his journey had started out, they'd been here one day, and already made two new hopefully lifelong friends to add to their team, sure they hadn't trained but Rhydian wasn't too disheartened. Making friends was just as valuable as training to him if not more, and that was a stance he would likely never budge from, as was his nature.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Turtwig rolled its eyes, 'friendship' wasn't exactly what it had in mind, it just wanted to grow stronger. Still, it's not like it had anything against the idea of eventually becoming friends, it just wasn't a priority. The grass Pokemon  honestly just hoped his new trainer would prove to be a useful one, releasing a small sigh before headbutting the pokeball gently and entering inside without even an ounce of an attempt to break free.

*YOU CAUGHT TURTWIG*
(Please include your choice of nickname in your next post, or simply say you don't give it one)

Slot 3:
Turtwig
Nickname:
-
Ability:
Overgrow
Level:
Moves:
Tackle - Level 1
Withdraw - Level 5
Absorb - Level 9
Razor Leaf - Level 13
HP (Health Points):
MP (Move Points):
Happiness: 30

Moderation Code:
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Rhydian noticed Turtwig's body language and shrugged, sure he'd hoped that Turtwig would have been more enthused about the idea, but like they can work on that together, the main thing is... HE'D CAUGHT ANOTHER GRASS TYPE!!! Rhydian scooped the pokeball up off of the ground excitedly "Just wait til everyone back in Celadon hears about this!! I caught another Grass Type and one from Sinnoh no less!" he started to dance around and even Kennedy joined in, caught up in the excitement of the moment, happy to see Rhydian happy. Rhydian then stopped for a moment and drifted off lost in intense thought, Kennedy watched him and even Amelia landed on a nearby branch tilting her head to watch Rhydian think.

Suddenly Rhydian snapped out of it "I got it! What do you guys think of Gaia?" he asks consulting his friends, because he always truly valued their opinion, they were almost like family to him; Kennedy and Amelia looked at each other for a second before returning their gaze to their clearly excited friend and trainer, and smiling in approval at his choice of name for Turtwig. With that Rhydian chucked the ball into his weaker right hand where he released it to roll down, along his arm behind his head and down his left arm before flicking it up into the air skillfully clipping the button as he did so; Kennedy and Amelia started laughing happily, entertained by the trick their trainer had pulled off; as the ball soared into the air Rhydian called "Come out and join us Gaia!" a beam of white light emerging as it takes the shape of Gaia on the ground near them, he turns around and breathes heavily almost exasperated by his new trainer.

Rhydian chuckled and scratched the back of his head kinda uneasily "H... hey Gaia... sorry.. I figured Gaia was a powerful name ya know... for a powerful Pokemon like yourself and what you're going to become" he tried to explain slightly nervous because of Gaia's overall demeanor, Gaia grunted slightly nodding in approval figuring he should give Rhydian a bit of a break, after all the boy was clearly trying, however annoying he found the friendliness. Kennedy sauntered over to Gaia and started to natter away trying to win him over, but after a minute of getting little back he sighed jogging over to Rhydian and nuzzling his leg, Rhydian taking that as a sign to take a knee and gently stroke the side of Kennedy's head "thanks buddy.. I'll be okay, I guess I'm just not for everyone.." he conceded clearly offended, raising back up and turning around beginning to look for a plan of action to form in his head.

Gaia sighed he didn't particularly care for this sort of talk from his trainer, I mean it wasn't his fault, he made his intentions very clear what he wanted from the start but, like he didn't want to hurt the boy. Kennedy too sighed not liking when Rhydian started to feel low as it hurt him as well, seeing the boy he cared about for so long in this sort of inner turmoil. Amelia took flight and circled over head. The skies had began to slowly darken, they'd been out wandering through this forest for a while and had gotten into the afternoon at least but... he didn't think it had been that long; then Rhydian noticed the clouds gathering overhead "Ah rain... perfect" he exhaled, starting to become exhausted with the way the day was turning, he was happy to have made 2 new friends but the weather, the tension it... messed with him kinda.

Rhydian quickly scanned the surrounding area "Guys looks like we're gonna be getting rain, I think we should find somewhere to take cover and wait it out" he explained, Kennedy began to look around too, as did Amelia from the air; meanwhile Gaia just sidled up not too fussed by rain and not understanding why the boy was but, this boy was his trainer now so he had to show at least some respect for Rhydian's decisions, even if he didn't agree with them. Rhydian started to make his way through some bushes calling up to Amelia "Hey Amelia don't suppose you could find the path for us from up there? Maybe get us in the direction of Pewter City before this rain starts to fall" Amelia looked down whilst circling above and smiled taking off in a certain direction. Rhydian and Kennedy began to follow, Gaia lagging behind; just because he was following them and their plan didn't mean he had to be happy about it. They all started to follow Amelia in the hopes of finding a path and eventually Pewter City, though Rhydian knew in a forest like this getting there without issue or interference may not exactly be easy....
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Due to the coming rain it appeared most Pokemon in the area were preparing to take cover themselves.

To the group's left a Scatterbug can be seen trying to delve deep into a bush, using it as protection from the elements.

Above and just a little bit ahead there's a Tailow fighting the wind, trying to get back to its home, where it figures it will be safe from the incoming rain.

To the group's right a Phantump is hiding in the hollow of a nearby tree, peering out as it watches the group run by.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:53 pm

Rhydian glances around at the nearby Pokemon just in case there was anything that may catch his eye, but with the weather the way it was and the rain likely to start falling soon he shrugged off the idea of stopping for any of them; there was simply no reason to. Looking up to Amelia he called up "Are we still heading in the direction of the city?" Amelia cooed it's name back to Rhydian in a way that almost seemed hopeful yet uncertain. Rhydian had little choice but to trust her though as she clearly had the better view, he scooped up Kennedy into his arms to carry knowing he only had little legs and he was overprotective of his best friend. Rhydian glanced round at Gaia who was following at his own leisurely pace, not seeming too hurried or bothered by their rush to escape the impending rain and potential storm; for a second Rhydian considered carrying Gaia too, but when Gaia looked up and saw Rhydian looking Gaia gave him a bemuse stare as if to ask `What?` this causing Rhydian to shrug off the idea, he didn't want to undermine Gaia and risk annoying him.

Gaia continued to follow behind grumbling to himself about having to leave; all it wanted to do was train, battle, and get stronger, and these cowards were running at the first sign of rain! Of all things, like how did they expect to succeed as a Pokemon Trainer if they couldn't even conquer water, Gaia chuckled to himself at the thought of it, but he wouldn't dare air his thoughts aloud, knowing Rhydian's little buddy Kennedy he'd probably get annoyed about his reservations. Gaia picked up the pace slightly, only to keep up appearances and because, well he didn't exactly want people to think he was a follower instead of a leader did he now? As they continued past a tree Gaia noticed a Phantump peering out and stopped, staring at it coldly; it took a step closer and feigned an attack in an attempt to psych it out. Rhydian turned to see this and frowned "Gaia nooo that's not the plan, look I promise we'll train soon but... you just can't start being mean to any Pokemon you find" he tried be firm with his Turtwig like a good trainer would be but Gaia saw straight through is and rolled it's eyes, this caused Rhydian's facade to drop and him to start questioning his ability as a trainer... maybe he wasn't cut out for this.

Gaia looked back at the Phantump and chuckled calling out to it something along the lines of `you got lucky this time` muttering under its breath as they had to leave. To be quite honest Kennedy was starting to get frustrated with his new teammate too, if Gaia was like this now how was he gonna be when they did get into an actual battle? Would he even listen to Rhydian? Kennedy held out hope that he would, knowing any dissent would probably cause his best friend to start doubting himself, and he couldn't have that; one way or another he'd make sure Gaia listened to Rhydian... he just wasn't sure how yet. Rhydian then looked back to Amelia who was still over head circling, before making off in the direction they had been travelling in again.

Gaia chased after Amelia first running straight past Rhydian and Kennedy without a care in the world; he certainly wasn't going to be seen following these two, that's for sure. Rhydian let out a sigh of exasperation before picking up his pace, tired from the running and tried to catch up with them. As a group they all continued through the forest following Amelia towards what Rhydian could only assume and hope was Pewter City.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 10:06 pm

Up ahead Amelia would just be able to make out the shapes of the houses of the rocky village. The amount of trees of the forest around them appearing to become less dense. They were certainly heading in the correct direction. It wouldn't be too long before they would reach the edge of the town should they continue on the path they were taking.

To the party's left There were a swarm of bug type Pokemon, including a Kricketot, Heracross and Surskit appearing to huddle around another Pokemon, a smallish Bulbasaur, as if trying to help protect it as they cuddled within the stump of an old tree for protection from the rain.

To the party's right A Starly was snuggling down into its nest, unaware of the group that were hurrying by.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 7:48 am

Rhydian was desperately trying to protect Kennedy from the rain, sure he didn't like getting soaked himself but he couldn't just leave his Pokemon to suffer it. As they dashed through the forest following Amelia, something caught Rhydian's eye which caused him to slow down to a near enough stop; as he looked to his left he noticed a group of Pokemon huddling together inside of the stump of an old tree. Upon taking a closer look through the falling rain, Rhydian noticed as Bulbasaur among the group and his eyes lit up "Aww it's a Bulbasaur, look Kennedy" he said to his best friend, he looked up at Amelia and called out "Hey Amelia wait up one sec please" to which Amelia circled round and came to land on a branch of a tree where the leaves would protect her from the bothersome rain.

Gaia glanced back over his shoulder to see them stopping `eurgh what now` he wondered, he strolled back to them at his own pace not too bothered about whether they needed him or not. Kennedy meanwhile hopped out of Rhydian's arms and began to make his way towards the stump smiling all the way, once near he started to chatter away `hiiiiiii I'm Kennedy` he then started to ramble `these are my bestie Rhydian, the one in the tree is Amelia` he then leaned forward slightly and whispered `she's pretty` before giggling and continuing `Oh and the distant Turtwig is Gaia... he's kinda... temperamental...` he laughed nervously `nice to meet you all, Rhydian is actually a super good kid, and he wanted to say hi but he's too nervous to introduce himself sooooo yeah he says hi` Kennedy looked over at Rhydian and smiled before looking back.

Rhydian meanwhile was standing a little way away so not to be disrespectful and risk upsetting the sheltered Pokemon; all he could hear was Kennedy nattering away repeating his name as is their way, he wondered what Kennedy was saying but drew a blank, if only his Dad could develop something to help him understand his friends, that would be so cool, he started to day dream. In this time Gaia had strolled over to Rhydian and looked up at him muttering away "Oh hey Gaia... sorry.. I just kinda saw this Bulbasaur and.. and... I wanna see if it would be our friend too... you know I really love Grass Types... it runs in the family you see" he tried to explain to his less than friendly friend. Gaia rolled his eyes, couldn't this kid just take charge and tell him what they were doing, without all of the stuttering; with that he looked at Kennedy and the Bulbasaur and considered going over, but after thinking for a second he came to the conclusion he didn't care enough to. Rhydian scratched the back of his head thinking to himself, Gaia is gonna be a bit of a tough nut to crack.
Back to top Go down
Pokomon
Admin
Admin
Pokomon

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Pokemon Encounter: Kricketot - LvL 17 - F
Attempt To Befriend:
Roll for Befriend: 401 - FAILURE

Pokemon Encounter: Heracross - LvL 11 - F
Attempt To Befriend:
Roll for Befriend: 202 - FAILURE

Pokemon Encounter: Surskit - LvL 24 - M

Attempt To Befriend:
Chance:
15% - Success (1000 Roll) = 851-1000
Roll for Befriend: 477 - FAILURE
Chance Next Post: 15+10 = 25%

Pokemon Encounter: Bulbasaur - LvL 4 - M
Attempt To Befriend:
Chance: 50% - Success (1000 Roll) = 501-1000
Roll for Befriend: 32 - FAILURE
Chance Next Post: 50+25 = 75%

Being the strongest of the four, Surskit slid in front of the others, as Kennedy approached, attempting to block him from being able to cause him and his friends any harm. "Hi. Now get out of here, radish." The spindly legged Pokemon spoke, trying to look as intimidating as possible in the hopes to scare it off, " I don't care what your pathetic human has to say, you should just move along. We don't want any trouble." The others continued to cower behind, unsure what to do yet.
Back to top Go down
TheChanceEncounter
Trainer
Trainer
TheChanceEncounter

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Kennedy frowned `Hey Rhydian isn't pathetic, he's my best friend and he's super sweet... he just struggles` he then looks at the Pokemon behind Surskit `we aren't bad don't worry I promise, he just wanted to meet you, we're from Celadon you see so he's grown up around Grass Types like us and he gets excited when he meets new ones` Rhydian watched from where he'd been standing wondering whether or not he should go over, but then he decides better of it; he had no idea what Kennedy was saying and didn't want to mess it all up... like he usually does...

Gaia was starting to get annoyed `Kennedy better not mess this up, I don't wanna have to go and deal with this kid's problems` he muttered to himself, Rhydian looked down at his side but had no idea what Gaia was saying so he just shrugged and sighed. Kennedy looked round at them `look I really didn't mean to bother you, Rhydian is just a really great guy and has been the best friend I could ever ask for, so I wanted to help him out, Bulbasaur if you'd just come meet him I promise you'd see that` he tried to provide a comforting voice of reason on behalf of Rhydian, knowing how disappointed he'd be if the Bulbasaur didn't like him.

Amelia swooped over through the rain and landed on Rhydian's shoulder in a way of trying to provide moral support for him; Gaia rolled his eyes at it, what sort of trainer gets this down on themselves this regularly; truth be told he was starting to question his decision and if he could ever really learn anything from them, but he was in it now and couldn't exactly back out, so for now at least he'd try riding it out and seeing what happens. Amelia meanwhile cooed away in her usual friendly way to soothe Rhydian's anxiety, and in a way it worked; Rhydian felt a bit calmer knowing his friends had his back "Sorry guys I didn't mean to get so worked up honest, I'll try doing better for you all I promise" he beamed, turning his head to Amelia and letting out a smile across his face which would be easily noticeable to any looking at him, he then rubbed her head gently and laughed "You're great Amelia" he remarked, Amelia appreciating the recognition for her friendship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)   Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planting the Seeds of Adventure (Rhydian Carver)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next